Studying in Canada


Extremely important detail for those who are thinking of studying in Canada ? looking for the option of being able to obtain permanent residency in this beautiful country.

Contrary to what other Canadian provinces do NOT offer, the province of Quebec allows graduate foreign students to be eligible for a Certificate of Selection of Quebec (CSQ) and to later apply for permanent residence in Canada. In addition, in Quebec you can also study in English. Yes! Just as you hear it!

The most important difference is that, after completing your studies, having acquired a post-diploma work experience of 12 or 18 months (depending on the type of diploma obtained) and having successfully passed a test in comprehension and oral expression of French with a result Equal to or higher than an intermediate level (B2), the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) allows you, as a Quebec graduate, to submit your application for permanent selection (for yourself, your spouse and your dependent children ). In other words, PEQ continues to be a very interesting option as a direct path to Canadian permanent residence after having studied and worked in the province of Quebec. This, without having to go through a new stage where it will be necessary to achieve a certain score based on criteria such as age, diploma (s), field of studies, acquired work experience, language level, etc. as required, for example, by the Express Entry pre-qualification system in most other Canadian provinces.

Certain short vocational studies (DVS) programs of 1800 hours (about 18 months of study) are also eligible for PEQ.

International students of post-secondary study programs can also work 20 hours per week during the period of their studies and upon graduation apply for a post-study open work permit after which it can go up to 3 years. Furthermore, if the international student comes with his family, his minor children are entitled to free primary and secondary school and the spouse can apply for an open work permit.

We remind you that to study languages ​​within a maximum period of 6 months and under certain conditions, it is not necessary to apply for a study permit. However, if the intention at the end of the language courses is to be able to stay in Canada to continue studying a career at a vocational, technical or university level and to later opt for permanent residence, we do NOT advise taking this path. Hence the importance of scheduling an appointment with a consultant accredited and recognized by both Canada and the province of Quebec to be adequately advised on your project and avoid making mistakes that could cost dearly.

Above Boston, Paris, London, Tokyo and Melbourne, Montreal also obtained the first position in 2017 being named the best city in the world for international students.

The quality of education and the standard of living in Canada are among the highest in the world. The cost of living in Montreal and tuition costs are generally much lower than in the rest of Canada and of course unmatched compared to other countries, such as the United States and the United Kingdom.

ImmigraPro is an officially authorized agent of designated educational institutions (recognized by the Canadian government for immigration purposes) of the highest level such as:

  1. LaSalle College with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and 20 other educational establishments throughout the world.

  1. The Institute of Tourism and Hospitality of Quebec (ITHQ)

Our services:

We accompany you throughout the registration and admission process in any of the teaching institutions that we represent officially and unlike most of the “agent representatives” of study packages we will be able to assist you not only in the process of applying for the visa. studies, work etc., but also legally throughout the process of applying for permanent residence once you have completed your academic program.

Welcome service:

We also provide you with a personalized assistance service for planning your trip and your reception: search at the airport, selection and reservation of permanent accommodation, search for a department and advice on the signing of the lease, appointment and support for the obtaining the NAS identification document, health insurance, accompaniment for the registration of their children in primary or secondary school, assistance for the purchase of basic furniture, appropriate clothing, assistance for the application and approval of services, cell phone, obtaining credit for the purchase or rental of a vehicle, visit and recognition of the city and its means of transport, interpreter service, etc.

What are the requirements to be admitted as a foreign student in Canada for more than 6 months?

  • Obtain a letter of acceptance from a university or college in Canada.
  • Present written evidence that you have enough money to pay the costs of the curriculum (see the financial requirements below)
  • Undergo a medical examination (for certain countries)
  • Fulfill the requirements to apply for a temporary residence visa in Canada.
  • Be willing to wait for the estimated time period for that moment and according to your country of origin, to receive a response. This, from the moment you have deposited your request with all the requirements before the government.

Requirements – financial capacity:

Among the main conditions to apply for a study permit, you or the person who will pay for it, must be able to demonstrate to the government of Canada that for at least the last 4 months, you have maintained financial solvency. For example, to study at the vocational or college level, and depending on the cost of the study program chosen, the person must demonstrate that they have an approximate minimum amount that can vary between 15,000 and 20,000 Canadian dollars to cover the tuition for the first year of your study program.

In addition to this amount, if the person comes to study alone or with their partner, they must be able to demonstrate that they have (or have a family member who will support them financially) with a minimum amount of another 10,000 (11,000 in the province of Quebec ) Canadian dollars to cover your essential living expenses (housing, food, health insurance, services, transportation, etc.) during this first year of studies. If you come with your partner and / or child (ren), this minimum required amount will increase by a few thousand dollars.

He must also be able to demonstrate that he has or will eventually have additional income that will serve to cover the rest of the planned period of studies; for example; sums of money that come from the rent of a property, from an own business that continues to operate and can be managed remotely or from the financial support of a family member.

It is also important to plan to have the money that will be used to cover the payments required by the government inherent to your application, the air ticket (s) as well as the professional fees in case you decide to be represented by ImmigraPro.

Note: The information provided here and the costs mentioned here are presented as an example and may vary at any time as decided by the Canadian government, the province, the type of program offered by the institution where you will study and depending on variants such as if you come alone, with your family, etc.

Registration / appointment

If you consider that you can meet the aforementioned requirements and want more information on the subject of the studies, the teaching institutions we represent, our services, costs, etc., we offer you a free telephone consultation by appointment.

We speak Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese and Mandarin.

For an assessment of your needs regarding this service, please schedule an appointment (the cost of this evaluation will be deducted from your contract).

General consultation   Preliminary evaluation of your profile

Unlike other Canadian provinces, in Quebec international students may be eligible to obtain Canadian permanent residence 6 months before graduating.